Thursday, December 18, 2008

Journal Entry #10

5
  • Birth control was lehalized to married couples in 1965.
  • Madonna was one of the first female rockstars!
  • It's unveliableable how in 1977 after the women had some rights even the right to vote, Iris Rivera got fired because she didn't want to make coffe. Being a house wife was not her job!
  • Childbirth was so dangerous that it was referred to as going down to the death's door.
  • In 1900s, one out of every seventeen men had a mother or sister that died while giving birth.

4

  • How would society look today if birth control pills were only given to married couples?
  • What would I be doing if women didn't have any rights?
  • Would I still have the same family I still have today without some of the rights women fough for?
  • Isn't it unveliavable how us, women, went from nothing to where we are today?
  • What did people think about adoption?

3

  • Contraception (189): birth control (used for prevention)
  • Obscene (191): offensive to morality or decency
  • Hysteria (212): an uncontrollable outburst of emotion or fear

2

  • "Only women who wanted to prevent pregnancies were prostitutes" (190). Women vs. Society.
  • "Language validates experience, that is, gives us power to touch each other from the inside out, and share our inner world" (208). Personification.

1

  • I'm glad today women have freedom! "We'll change the world!" (208).

No comments: